Wednesday, October 20, 2010

At least he has manners

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, manners are important to Jeff and me. And luckily, manners are something they really work on at daycare.

This morning, as I was trying to get Biscuit to eat breakfast, I asked if he wanted banana. He said, "No, thank you." What about fruit? "No, thank you." What about oatmeal? "No, thank you." What about toast? "Yes. Toast."

I made him a piece of toast with butter and cut it in half. He ate one piece, then I asked, "Can you eat the other piece of toast?" "No, thank you," he said.

"Can you eat a little bit of the toast?" I asked. "No, thank you," Biscuit said.

"Can you please just eat a couple of bites of the toast?" I asked him.

I guess I tried his patience with that last question because with much attitude, he said, "PLEASE, NO THANK YOU, MAMA!"

I can translate that to mean, "For the love of Pete, Mama, I don't want anymore toast!!!"

This evening, Biscuit and I stopped by the craft store, and as we walked passed one lady, she sneezed. "Bess you," Biscuit said. She looked at him with surprise and thanked him.

Then we needed to squeeze past a different lady on the sale aisle. I told Biscuit we were going to scoot by her, and he yells, "Scooz me! Scooz me! Scooz me!" The woman turned around and started laughing as she moved to let us by.

Just now, Jeff asked Biscuit, "Can I come sit by you on the couch?"

"No, thank you, Dada," Biscuit said.

Well, at least he has manners!

P.S. I don't think I've mentioned this before, but our boy knows how to work a coaster. He never puts his cup anywhere without one. Mama likes that!

No comments: