Sunday, November 11, 2018

Spiffed-up bathroom

I mentioned in the previous post that we had done a little redecorating in Biscuit's bathroom.

I decorated it with a beach theme when we first bought the house. My father-in-law bought me this awful, ugly shower curtain with fish all over it. He bought it for a joke, but I hung it. Mainly because that's the bathroom he used when he was here! I showed him!

I swapped it out for a more sedate curtain after I couldn't handle all the loud colors in the fish one.

But when Biscuit got up to get ready on his birthday, he saw a whole new look in there.

"Star Wars."

Shower curtain with "Star Wars" characters.

I made some pictures to hang of bathroom chores in the voice of some of the characters.

Don't tell Mama that I didn't iron the curtain before I put it up! I painted a dowel rod and stuck it in the handle of a light saber for the curtain rod.

The Darth Vader wash mitt came with the bath towel I got to hang, so I just stood him up on the counter. The soaps are in the shapes of some of the vehicles from the movies. The ball is the Death Star, the place where the bad guy lived.


Don't worry if you don't get some of the references on this sign. But you can bet the boy did.

The good guys said to be on the Light Side and the bad guys are on the Dark Side, so I thought this light switch plate was cute.

Luke was holding a light saber, but I replaced it with a toothbrush.

It might be hard to picture it, but there's a huge mirror that runs across the wall over the sink and counter. So without much wall space, I had Jeff put nails right above the mirror and hung the pictures from them with string.

The trash can looks like R2-D2, a droid from the movie.

Most people will probably think this is gross, but Jeff and I think it's pretty funny. There's a long-standing joke about how the Stormtroopers (the soldiers on the bad side) never hit anything they shoot at, but the Jedi take out anything they aim for.

Biscuit loves the new look in his bathroom. And everything I did is temporary, so when his tastes move on, we can update again.

No comments: