Thursday, November 1, 2018

Happy Halloween

I miss the days of firefighters, superheroes and other simple Halloween costumes. At least ones that I know and understand.

This year, Biscuit was a Pokemon character. It's a dragon-kind of thing that can breathe fire and throw fire with his tail.

His closest friends go to fall festivals instead of trick-or-treating, so I offered to take him to one of those. But he said he's rather go trick-or-treating.

Early Wednesday morning, his friend's Mom texted me to ask if Biscuit might like to go trick-or-treating with her daughter. I knew he would enjoy the company, so I told them to come on over.

I hadn't done a good job of preparing coordinating costumes for Jeff and me. I came up with the idea of costumes to match Biscuit's, but I just hadn't followed through.

So when I found out his friend and her mom were coming, I said, "I don't think her Mom is going to be dressed up, and Dad and I wouldn't want her to feel left out, so I think we'll skip wearing costumes for trick-or-treating."

He said that was fine. Whew!

So Biscuit and his friend started down the street, trailed by me, Jeff and his friend's mom. We had a nice chat.

Then we noticed how much the kids were talking. Other kids were moving right along from house to house, but our kids were like an old married couple, just strolling along talking like they had nowhere to be!

The 4-year-old from next door moved faster, and he was a giant slice of pepperoni pizza that partially hindered his little legs.

They finally got tired and said they were ready to go home. They ended up with more candy than I thought they got. It didn't seem like they went to that many houses.

Of course, our neighbors always give Biscuit WAY too much. All their kids are grown, so they enjoy getting to see Biscuit.

Here are some pictures of Biscuit:




Biscuit strikes a pose with his friend. She had her face painted like a zombie under the big cat head. That way, if she got hot or tired, she could take off the head and still be dressed up.

Here are a couple of houses they visited in our neighborhood:

There's a creepy thing standing on the porch that starts talking when you get close. His eyes light up red. Very creepy.

This giant pumpkin was definitely not a happy jack-o-lantern.

And here's Biscuit's haul:


The funny thing is that he won't eat half of this. He's not much of a candy guy. He eats at meal times, but a piece of chocolate every once in a while, and he's good to go.

No comments: