Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Out of the mouth of my babe

I love Biscuit's sense of humor. Not necessarily the jokes and riddles he makes up, mind you. Some of them just aren't funny, despite what he says.

But his sense of humor is fun.

One recent example centers on his @#$% snack containers and water bottles!

I pack a snack and a sports bottle of water for Biscuit every day. His backpack has a mesh pocket on each side, which is the perfect size for a container and bottle.



But the problem is that he never, ever, ever, EVER remembers to take the container and bottle out of the mesh pockets and put them in the kitchen. So I go to pack his snack and water, and I have nothing to put them in.

I nag him about it all the time. But it still happens. Now, this isn't a life or death thing. I don't make a huge deal about it. But it is frustrating.

Biscuit was sitting at the dining room table one morning having his breakfast as I was packing his snack and lunch. I went to where I keep his containers, and you guessed it, there weren't any.

Biscuit's backpack was sitting near the front door. I walked over and checked the mesh pockets and found exactly what I was looking for.

So I started play yelling at Biscuit from the front door toward the dining room. 

"So I'm trying to pack a snack, but is there a container to put a snack in? Nooooo," I said with a lot of drama. "There are no clean containers. And WHY are there no clean containers? Wait for it ... THEY'RE STILL IN THIS BACKPACK!!!"

I could hear Biscuit giggling.

"Do you hear what I'm screaming at you?" I hollered. "There's supposed to be a snack, but how can there be a snack when there's nothing to pack a snack in. What do you have to say for yourself?!"

A few seconds went by.

Then I heard, "Griffin is not available right now, but if you leave your name and a number, he'll get back to you."

Even if I had been yelling for real, I don't know if I could've kept a straight face.

No comments: