Monday, May 10, 2010

Feeding Biscuit on vacation

I was pretty disappointed in many of the children’s menus at the restaurants we went to on our trip. The choices were hot dog with fries, chicken strips with fries, hamburger with fries and grilled cheese with fries. No veggies in sight.

So Biscuit’s diet on our trip wasn't anywhere near ideal. I had to give him instant cheese grits at the condo after the rest of us ate a really nice seafood dinner.


The one part he did get to enjoy at one dinner was the dessert … fried strawberries! Yes, I said FRIED strawberries. They dipped fresh strawberries in pancake batter, then fried them, then rolled them in cinnamon and sugar. Jeezy Pete were they good!


Of course, I think the batter … and the frying part … and the cinnamon and sugar sorta takes away the nutritional value of the strawberries, but it was well worth it.


We have a pretty good variety of places to go at home. One restaurant serves mac ‘n’ cheese with sides of black beans or stewed apples. Another place has a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with yogurt and fruit. Another place has a kid-size meat and three or a veggie plate.


I was hoping I was finally done with having to carry a full Biscuit meal in my pocketbook everywhere we went.


I figure the more teeth he gets, the better he'll be able to eat. He's not shy about trying new things, so getting him to eat is hardly ever a problem.


Maybe we can find a better selection of meals for him on our next trip.

No comments: