Friday, February 26, 2010

Mommy-mobile

I have a new Mommy-mobile. It's fancier than anything I've had before, and I'm enjoying it very much.

This was my old Mommy-mobile.


















And this is my new Momm
y-mobile!













The old car was fun. People always wanted to stop and talk to me about it. And anybody who knows me, knows that talking is something I never shy away from. But we were going to have to buy new special-order tires and have the decals redone, and the only place that could legally do the decals was in Michigan.

So over lunch at a local mom-a
nd-pop diner, we decided to check into getting something new. It all happened so fast. I'm always amazed that I can debate the kind of toothpaste I buy for days, weeks or even months, but the two biggest purchases you'll ever make - car and house - require you to make decisions in a matter of hours!

Jeff picked out the new car. It's a 2006 Dodge Magnum. I had test driven a Magnum at the car show we go to in Pennsylvania every year and really liked them. But when they first came out, they were just too expensive. But now, they've been out long enough to have some nice used ones floating around the used car dealerships. For a 2006, it has really low miles, and Jeff haggled a good price for us. Luckily, we have good car loan options from our credit union.

My brother has three kids, and I make fun of him because they have a minivan. So I go around singing, "My brother has a minivan, minivan, minivan ..." So as soon as he saw the pictures of what we were buying, he started singing, "My sister drives a station wagon, station wagon, station wagon ..."

But hey, it's a COOL station wagon!

Oh, and yes, that thing DOES have a hemi!!

No comments: