Friday, April 3, 2009

Still, after 36 years ...

Griffin is getting over his first ear infection.

He wasn’t acting like himself last Friday night, then his cheeks got red. So I took his temperature, and it was 101.5. I gave him some Tylenol a couple of times during the night, then we went to his pediatrician’s office Saturday morning. They have office hours from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays, so that was a big help instead of having to take him to a doc-in-the-box or the ER.

The doctor said that other than his right ear, was looked fine. He kept talking about what a good baby Biscuit is and how cute he is. I asked Jeff, I wonder if he says that to everybody or if he just took a liking to our Biscuit!

We had to give him Tylenol every 4 hours Saturday through today, and we got an antibiotic that he gets twice a day through Tuesday. We’ve had quite a time getting the medicine in him, because he isn’t used to having anything in his mouth but a bottle of formula. But we’ve gotten way more in his mouth than he dribbled down his chin, so I figure we’re doing okay.

But the oddest part about the whole experience is that the first couple of times I tried to give him his antibiotic, I gagged. I thought it was weird because I wasn't upset about giving it to him, and the medicine didn't really have a bad smell or anything.

So I told Mama about it, and she said that I got the same medicine when I was little and had ear aches, and that they had to force the medicine in me. All I can figure is that I must've really hated it, because here it is 36 years later, and I STILL don't like being near that medicine.

No comments: