Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everybody! I hope it's off to a good start for you all.

Things have been in a whirlwind around here.

Normally, my rush is earlier. This year, my rush came and never went away!

It starts with Halloween. We enjoy making costumes, so we put some effort into it. Then a little over a week later, it's Biscuit's birthday. Then everyone comes from out of town to our house for Thanksgiving.

After Thanksgiving, I'm usually in the clear. I just get to relax and enjoy the rest of the year.

But this year, there was Thanksgiving, then an unexpected trip, then my mama had hip replacement surgery, and I went down to stay a week with her. (The surgery was successful, and she's traded in her walker for a cane!)

Jeff had to go to Atlanta to cover a football bowl game in the middle of December. He was going by himself, but his hotel room had two beds. So Biscuit and I hitched a ride. We stayed at the hotel the while Jeff went to the game. 

On the way home Sunday, Jeff and Biscuit dropped me off at my parents' house so I could be there for mama's Monday morning surgery and stay with her several days after that.

I came home on Thursday, went to work Friday morning, then went back down to my parents' house Friday evening for Christmas. It's about 2 1/2 hours, so it's not just down the road. We spent the weekend there.

Then on Christmas Eve, we went to Jeff's brother's house. That's about 1 1/2 hours from us.

On the way home, I asked Biscuit, "Hey, guess where we're going tomorrow?"

"Where?" he asked.

"NOWHERE!" I yelled.

"YAY!" he yelled.

We had a great Christmas.

I ordered two action figures from an anime (Japanese cartoons) show Biscuit watches. They were hard to find. I finally found some that would ship from China. 

I wrapped them and put them under the tree. Biscuit was so excited, he told two or three people that they were shipped "all the way from Japan." I guess he figured since they're Japanese characters, they came from Japan. I didn't have the heart to correct him.

Things are finally starting to settle back down. Jeff's mom is here with us, so we're enjoying her company. Jeff and I got two restaurant gift cards for Christmas, so we're gonna have to plan a couple of date nights while Grandma is here!

No comments: