Monday, June 12, 2017

Catching up with Biscuit

Here's what's been going on with Biscuit:

School festival: Biscuit's school had a spring festival a few weeks ago. They had a DJ for music and dancing, food, games, bounce houses, and of course, facepainting.

When Biscuit was little, he wouldn't ever get his face painted. I finally asked him why he never wanted to do it.

"Because I like my face the way it is, Mom," he told me. He thought that once you got your face painted, it stayed that way. 

I wanted to ask him, "How many kids have you seen walking around with Spider-Man or butterfly faces?!"

Since his favorite animal is a tiger, that's what he asked for at the facepainting table. They had college kids doing the painting, so I've definitely seen better designs, but the kids loved it, and that's what mattered.




Lack of seating: You know how those building block kits come with diagrams about how to put them together? Well, I LOVE to put them together.

And Biscuit loves to tear them apart!

He has taken a bunch of the kits and put them together with other kits, and he has epic battles on the couch. Always on the couch.

It's kind of funny because you might see Harry Potter fighting with Indiana Jones and Luke Skywalker against storm troopers and random unnamed characters. But in Biscuit's battle, they're all good guys against bad guys. None of them are who they're supposed to be. And then he has these elaborate back stories and battle strategies, and he wants me to play with him.

Of course I like to play with him, but I swear, the characters and storylines are so dang confusing, I can't seem to keep up.

But just know that if you come to our house, unless you want to get stuck in the middle of a war, you can't sit on the couch!


Improve your handwriting: I'm constantly getting on to Biscuit about writing neatly. He would rather be done with his work than make sure it looks nice and neat.

Last week, he brought home a memory book from his afterschool program. They listed their favorite activities of the year, what they played outside, what they liked about their group leaders, etc.

And then there's a space to list friends' names. And here's where the bad handwriting comes in. Biscuit's best friend's name is Dennis. 

No comments: