Sunday, October 26, 2014

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit said at some point that I don't remember ...

I have note pads all around me all the time. I'm a big list-maker, and I also try to write down fun things Biscuit says. But every once in a while, I come across some notes I've made and set aside, then forgot about. And I have no idea when Biscuit might have said these things.

So if you've read them before, I apologize. And if you haven't, here's some fun stuff Biscuit said ... sometime.

Dinosaur roar: We were talking and wondering about how loud dinosaurs might have been.

"Mom, do you know how loud a T-rex can roar?" Biscuit asked me.

"I don't know for sure, but I bet it was pretty loud because they were so big," I said to him.

"A T-rex could roar as loud as a clap of thunder!" Biscuit said. "And you don't even need to be a paleontologist to know that!"


Face fall: Biscuit was talking about falling down on the playground.

"Mom, do you know what happened?" Biscuit asked. "I fell face first! ... Eye first, even!"


Best wishes: We were having a thunderstorm, and our power flickered. Biscuit wanted to know what would happen if the power went out. 

"Well, we have lanterns, flashlights and candles," I explained. "And we have food we can eat without power because we don't have to cook it. And we'd still have water. Let's just hope that it stays on, then we won't have to worry about it."

"Yeah, Mom," Biscuit said. "Let's hope for good luck."

"Some people cross their fingers for luck," I told Biscuit. "So we can do that."

And we did.

Then about 20 minutes later, Biscuit said, "Mom, can I let go of this luck now? My fingers are kinda hurting."

I had no idea his fingers were even still crossed!


Use a trashcan: My boy does not like litter. He will say something about it every single time he notices it.

We were walking through a store parking lot one day, and Biscuit went on a little rant about how people shouldn't litter.

"It's just so uncool, Mom," Biscuit said. "And when I say uncool, I mean that there is no coolness AT ALL!"

No comments: