Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Happy anniversary

The reason for our trip to Jeff's parents' house was to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.

We planned a party that started in our little heads as a small cookout with a few family members. Next thing you know, we had rented a hall and told the caterers to plan for 150 people!

Jeff's Dad is one of 10 kids in his family, and Jeff's Mom is one of six. Because they're all scattered out across the country, we didn't figure most of them would be able to come. But I think everyone saw it as a chance for a family reunion, and people started booking flights and hotels.

I'll share more family stuff later, but for now, here are a few pictures from the party:


Favors made by my sister-in-law.
It doesn't take much of a detective to figure out that the
boy had chocolate cake washed down with red punch!


My niece and nephew made this sign for the back of my in-laws' car.


No comments: