Sunday, October 23, 2011

This year, he gets it

Last night, I went into the attic and dug out two electric jack-o-lanterns to put on the front porch. I hadn't planned to decorate for Halloween, but I realized yesterday that this year, Biscuit gets it.

A few days ago, Biscuit came running into the living room and said, "Mom, I want to pretend to be a firefighter for trick or treat." I smiled and said OK, thinking it was an offhand comment. But the next morning, Jeff was getting Biscuit dressed, and Biscuit said to him, "Dad, Mom said I could pretend to be a firefighter for trick or treat." And he has continued to mention being a firefighter several times a day since then.

 
He already had a fire chief hat, and I bought these rain boots. I didn't mind buying the boots because he can wear them for more than just Halloween. But my Mama always made costumes for my brother and me, and I'd like to carry on that tradition. We'll see how it goes, and I'll definitely post pictures.

Biscuit and I ran to the grocery store yesterday evening, and as we were walking out with our purchases, Biscuit saw a bunch of pumpkins for sale. "Mom, we have to have a pumpkin for trick or treat."

We went to a pumpkin patch a couple of weeks ago, but Biscuit didn't seem to have any interest in buying a pumpkin that day. I'm not sure what's changed between then and now, but apparently, we're going to be carving a pumpkin this year, too!

I told Biscuit that we couldn't get one at the grocery store. I told him we'd go to a local church that's having a pumpkin sale. I thought he might be disappointed, but he said, "And I pick it out?"

"Yep. You can pick it out," I told him.

If he's getting this excited over Halloween, I can't wait to see him at Christmas!

No comments: