Friday, May 6, 2011

The ballgame song

Jeff, Biscuit and I went to a baseball game tonight, but we ended up leaving early.

Here's a list of reasons why:
  1. I completely forgot we were going to the game until late this afternoon, so I didn't have snacks or a sippy cup for Biscuit.
  2. Jeff and I didn't have jackets, and it was cool tonight. We had a light-weight jacket for Biscuit, but he still said he was cold.
  3. Jeff was having some sinus/allergy issues and ended up with an earache. I'm sure the cool wind didn't help.
  4. I got a sinus headache after lunch today, and it never really went away.
It was just a weird night, and we probably should've skipped the game altogether.

Jeff and Biscuit both said they were cold, so we left where we were sitting and walked around for a while. We visited with a couple of friends who were there. Then we wandered into the gift shop to look around.

Biscuit (like his mama) has a thing for cowboys, so when a guy walked through the store in a cowboy hat, Biscuit was staring him up and down.

"Hey! Where'd you get that hat, Mister?" Griffin asked with a scowl on his face. Jeff and I cracked up. I have no idea where that came from.

The guy didn't hear him, so Biscuit said it again, "Hey! Where'd you get that hat, Mister?" But the guy still didn't hear him. Of course, with the tough-guy look on
Biscuit's face, the guy might have been to scared to answer!

I finally told Jeff that we should just go home. Biscuit said, "We not see the baseball mans anymore, Mom?"

"No," I told him. "But we'll come back another night, okay?"

"Okay, Mom. We come back another night to see the baseball mans."

We got to the car, and as I was pulling out of the parking lot, Biscuit said, "Sing baseball song, Mom." I wasn't sure which song he was asking me to sing. "Which baseball song?" I asked.

"Sing baseball song about root, root, root, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 strikes, Mom," Biscuit said. He was talking about "Take Me Out to the Ballgame."

I'm not sure which baseball game he knows about, where they give you 6 strikes. But I sang the song anyway. "Sing again, Mom." So I did. "Sing again, Mom." So I did. "Sing again, Mom." This was getting old.

"I've sung it twice already. Is there another song you'd like to here?" I asked.

"Nope. Sing baseball song again, Mom," he said.

I ended up singing the song 6 times between the ballpark and home.

Biscuit can sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," "Old McDonald," the ABC song and "Itsy Bitsy Spider." I guess the baseball song might be next in line.

The more times I sang it, the more times he heard the words. By the time we got home, he was singing several lines of the song. Maybe The Daddy Man will have a baseball buddy.

No comments: