Friday, January 7, 2011

The healing touch

One morning this week, Jeff, Biscuit and I were sitting at the kitchen table having breakfast. Jeff had already told me that he had a splitting sinus headache. So when Biscuit decided it was time to scream and squeal with glee, I told him to whisper because Dad's head was hurting.

Any time Biscuit is that happy, I hate to dampen his spirits, but having had sinus headaches of my own, I knew the excitement wasn't helping Jeff feel any better.

Biscuit looked at Jeff and asked, "Head hurt, Dad?"

"Yeah, boy. My head hurts," Jeff said.

"I touch it," Biscuit said. Then Jeff leaned over, and Biscuit rubbed the top of his head.

After a few seconds, Jeff straightened back up, and Biscuit went back to eating his oatmeal.

I stared at Jeff until he looked at me, then I said, "Please tell me that your head still hurts, because if our 2-year-old just healed you, I'll probably have to pass out in the floor!"

"It still hurts," Jeff said. "But it was awfully sweet of him to try."

No comments: